1991 Westship 96' (29.26 m)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Refit Year: 2019 CRU
M/Y CRU is a 96’03” / 29.4m luxury yacht for sale, built and launched by yacht builder Westship. Delivered to the original owner in 1991 and completely refit in 2019, this luxury yacht sleeps 6 guests in 3 staterooms and has accommodations for 4 crew.
Flag of Registry: United States
- Motor Yachts
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: WPS07514H991
Yacht Habit is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Worth Avenue Yachts. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
LOA: 96' 3'' (29.34 Meters)
Type: Power- Used
Refit Year: 2019
Beam: 22' 6''
LWL: 82' 6''
Draft Max: 6' 0''
Crew Cabins: 2
Crew Sleeps: 4
Maximum Speed: 17 Knots
Cruise Speed: 12 Knots
Range NMI: 1100
Fuel Type: Diesel
Super Structure Material: Fiberglass
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Hull Shape: Semi Displacement
Air Conditioning: Yes
Stabilizers: Zero Speed
Bow Thruster: Yes
Fuel Tank: 3700 Gallons (14006.02 Liters)
Fresh Water: 750 Gallons (2839.06 Liters)
Holding Tank: 440 Gallons (1665.58 Liters)
Gross Tonnage: 147
Interior Designer: Sally Dills
Photos click to view all
- Engine Make: Caterpillar
- Engine Model: 3412
- Power HP: 1000.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Engine Make: Caterpillar
- Engine Model: 3412
- Power HP: 1000.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
The precursor to the ever popular 112’ Westport, this Jack Sarin designed yacht, built by Westport, still has that distinctive styling, with a great running hull, shoal draft and reliable and economical C-rated 3412 Caterpillar engines.
Don’t let the age put you off, as this yacht has a lot to offer and has been extensively updated – a great value!
• Economical C-Rated 3412 Caterpillars, 1,000hp each
• Factory-built original cockpit
• Great flybridge with hardtop
• Updated interior with new headliners and LED lighting
• Great charter history
• Seller will consider trades of any description - boats, planes, and real estate!
Tastefully decorated throughout, CRU’s interior features beautiful furnishings and sumptuous seating to create an elegant and comfortable atmosphere. The layout includes a large salon, and “country galley” and sleeps up to 6 guests in 3 staterooms, including an Owner's suite, 1 queen stateroom, and 1 twin cabin (converts to a King). She is also capable of carrying up to 4 crew onboard to ensure a relaxed luxury yacht experience.
Her generous deck areas play host to a wide range of amenities including an outdoor bar and ample space for sun-lounging and relaxing. CRU’s impressive leisure and entertainment facilities make her the ideal yacht for socializing and entertaining with family and friends and has proven to be an excellent charter yacht.
Entrance to the full beam salon, is from either the port and starboard side doors amidships or the full height glass and stainless double doors from the aft deck. Upon entering the salon, you are immediately struck by the spacious interior, which is afforded by the 22’+ beam. The aft portion of the salon is set up with 2 sofas, 2 lounge chairs and occasional tables in a relaxed style. An entertainment center including one drop-down flatscreen television with Bose stereo surround sound system. There is a formal marble-topped bar across the forward bulkhead, with wine cooler, sink and 4 bar stools, and TV behind the bar.
Forward salon, the dining area has seating for up to 6 guests around a custom table sliced from a tree trunk, with buffets to port and starboard for storage of dinnerware and wine glasses.
Galley/Country Kitchen and Laundry Equipment
Forward, on the main deck, accessed from the starboard companionway, past the on-deck day head, is the large, updated galley, with an island, 2 bar stools, and L-shaped dinette for breakfast, lunch or hanging out with the chef.
Main Galley Equipment
• Viking professional stove/oven
• Full height side by side Sub-Zero refrigerator and Sub-Zero freezer
• Miele dishwasher
• Frigidaire microwave
• Franke double stainless-steel sink with garbage disposal and filtered water spigot
• Spice cabinets to starboard
• Custom tableware storage
• Limestone countertops
• Large capacity icemaker under cockpit
• Two sets of washer/dryers: Whirlpool washer/Bosch dryer – crew area forward
• LG washer/dryer – aft lazarette
The flybridge, accessed from the pilothouse or stairs from the aft deck, is a great outdoor area encompassing a dining area around L-shaped seating, a large wet bar with stools, 2 x sub-zero fridge drawers and incorporates a Lynx gas barbecue grill. There is an adjacent sunbathing area and forward, under the hard top are 3 helm chairs. Sound system and large parasol umbrella add to the creature comforts. The covered area is teak-decked, adding to the nautical ambiance.
Aft Deck and Cockpit
The aft deck features L- seating around a large dining table, overlooking the cockpit area, accessed down steps on the starboard side. The factory-built cockpit is a great space to use for fishing, diving, and ease of access to the water or tenders while remaining safe and secure and allowing ease of access to the lazarette and engine room while at sea. There is a hot/cold shower and 2 warping capstans in the cockpit. The integral swim platform has pop-up tender cleats, Glendinning shore cord reels port/starboard, and a drop-in swim ladder.
The 3 owner/guest cabins are accessed from the port main-deck companionway stairwell. The full-beam Master Stateroom amidships features a centerline California King-bed with his and her bathrooms joined by a large Jacuzzi tub and shower with dual heads and marble countertops with vessel sinks.
There is a 36” Sharp flat screen TV, Sony DVD player, Yamaha Natural Sound AV receiver, Control-4 entertainment system, custom wine storage cabinet with lock, reading lights, portholes, electric blinds, hanging closet to port, and walk-in cedar-lined closet to starboard.
The VIP stateroom, port-aft, features two twin beds that can convert to a king-sized bed with ensuite shower and head. Sharp 15” flat panel TV, Sony DVD, reading lights, port lights, storage and hanging locker.
The island Queen-sized stateroom is located starboard aft with ensuite shower and head. End tables and custom headboard. Sharp 15” flat panel TV, Sony DVD, reading lights, port lights, deck, storage and hanging lockers.
Crew accommodations, forward, accessed from the galley, can sleep 4 in 2 cabins. The captain’s cabin features a desk, double berth plus a Pullman berth, and a private head with a stall shower. The crew V-berth cabin has two berths with an attached head with a stall shower.
• Double berth with drawers under plus Pullman
• Separate head and shower
• Sharp 25” flat panel TV, Sony DVD
• Cedar-lined closet
• Single and double V-berths with storage under
• Separate head and shower
• Phillips 18” flat panel TV
• Engine Type: 2 x Caterpillar C-rated 3412 diesel @ 1,000 hp each
• Engine hours: Port 9,445; Starboard 9,305 (July 2022)
• 35GPH @ 10kts including 1 generator
• Gearboxes for Main Engines: ZF
• Engine Controls: Hynautic – dual levers PH & FB
• Engine Mounts: Caterpillar
• Shafting: 3.5”
• Propellers: Teignbridge props 42” x 35 / 5-blade Nibral
Generators and Electric Equipment
• Output: 110/220-volt AC 12/24-volt DC
• Generators: 2 x Kohler generators – 65kW each starboard with PTO for bow thruster
• Generator hours: Port 5,846; Starboard 9,770 (July 2022)
• 1 x Generator holds the whole vessel
• Shore Power: 2 x 100amp single phase shore power cables (fore/aft and port/starboard)
• Batteries: 12 x 8D wet cell
• 12v and 24v Victron Energy battery chargers
• Underwater Lights: 5 x Aqua Lights LED
• Air Conditioning Type: Marine Air reverse cycle AC system
• 3 x 4-ton Dometic Titanium chillers (replaced in 2018, 2019, 5/2022)
• Watermakers: Sea Recovery Aquawhisper watermaker 65 gph/1200 gpd
• Naiad underway stabilizers 12 sq. ft. with “Mulitsea” upgrade, with PTO’s off each main engine
• Bow Thruster: Wesmar model #V2-16 with controls in pilothouse and flybridge
• Steering System: Hynautic
• Fuel Separator & Filtration: Racor fuel flters
• Air Filtration: Airsep air filtration for engines
• Engine room fans with intake filters port and starboard
• Fresh Water System: Freshwater washdown system
• Teel potable water system hydra cell and a potable water system for hot and cold systems
• Bradford White 50-gallon 4,500-watt house potable water system heater
• Freshwater Pumps: 2 x Mach 5 AC freshwater pumps; back-up DC freshwater pump
• Rule bilge pumps and float switches in all bilge spaces
• Emergency engine-driven bilge pumps
• Black-water tank 240USG
Communication and Navigation Systems
• Telephone System: Panasonic model #TAW848 hybrid and wireless PBX telephone system
• VHF: ICOM ICM 60
• Cellular Phone System: Tellular cell phone router
• Satellite Router: I-Direct 3000 Series
• Radar: Furuno model #RPU-015 radar 48 mile
• 2 x 20” monitors PH (2022)
• Gyrocompass: Diako
• Magnetic Compass: Ritchie Powerdam PH & FB
• Furuno electronic satellite compass
• Auto Pilot: ComNav CT with remote on FB
• Depth Sounder: B&G Depthsounder PH & FB
• GPS: Furuno GP32
• Weather FAX: Furuno
• Ships Computer: Windows-based Simon monitoring system computer
• Chart Plotter: 2 x Navnet VX2 CMap NT Max electronic
• Wind/Speed Log: 4 x Bottom transducer logs
• 2 x Radar arch flood lights
• Searchlights: 2 x ACR RCL 100 spotlights with remotes pilothouse and flybridge
CRU has Netflix , Apple TV, Roku, YouTube, Hulu, Amazon prime, and any other service that can come through Apple TV. DirecTV satellite receivers. Ship to Shore WiFi connection (Wave Wi-Fi). Control-4 audio/video system with 650 digital movie capacity & iPod docking station.
• 42” Fujitsu plasma drop-down TV (Main deck salon)
• 36" Sharp flatscreen TV (Main deck salon)
• 36" Sharp flatscreen TV & Sony DVD (Owner's Stateroom)
• 15” Sharp flat panel TV & Sony DVD (Starboard Stateroom)
• 15” Sharp flat panel TV & Sony DVD (Port Stateroom)
• 25” Sharp flat panel TV & Sony DVD (Captain’s Cabin)
• 18” Phillips flat panel TV (Crew Cabin)
• Bose stereo surround sound system (Main deck salon)
• Yamaha Natural Sound AV Receiver (Owner's Stateroom)
• Control 4 Entertainment System
• 2 x Warping capstans in the cockpit aft
• Anchor Windlass System: Maxwell 3500
• Anchors: Single 75 lb. Danforth
• Anchor Chain: 350’ feet 1⁄2” BBB chain
• Boat Crane: 1500 lb. Nick Jackson extendable davit with power rotation
• Bench seat on the foredeck with steps and rails onto galley trunk-top
Security, Firefighting and Safety Equipment
• Simon monitor and alarm system
• CCTV system with monitor in the pilothouse
• Cameras in the engine room and aft deck with Elbex switcher
Fire Fighting Equipment
• Fire Control System: Fixed 65 lb. Halon fire suppression system in engine room with remote activation
• Fire Extinguishers: 5 lb. Halon fire extinguisher in the electrical room; 10 lb. CO2 fire extinguisher in the electronics department; 2.5 lb. DC fire extinguishers in all cabins and spaces
• Alarms: Smoke alarms in all cabins
• CO2 monitors in public areas
• Life Rafts: Zodiac 10-person canister; Zodiac 6-person portable canister
• Life Vests: 24 x Remploy 275N inflatable
• Medical Equipment: Offshore Medical Pack
• Portable oxygen tank and equipment
Upgrades and Refits
• All new headliners throughout (except Owner's suite and pilothouse)
• Bottom paint
• Prop speed
• Cutlass bearings
• Shaft seals
• Thru-hulls at Rybovich (May 2022)
In 2019 the current owner performed an extensive interior refit as well as various system maintenance and updates, including:
• Main engine work
• New Main engine exhaust system
• A/V upgrades with Boston Acoustic speakers throughout
• 2 x Air compressors
• New Wi-Fi system
• New exterior window sunscreens in pilothouse and country galley
• 2 x New icemakers
• New potable water pumps
• Miscellaneous electrical work
• New Viking cooktop and dishwasher
• 4 x New air handlers
• LED lighting throughout
• Electric blinds in main salon
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Want more information?
I’ve seen a lot during my 20 years in the boating industry. Currently I am a broker for Rick Obey and Associates. I am an expert broker/advisor on the Sunseeker and Ferretti Group product lines. I am a curator for the yacht division of one of the world’s largest luxury lifestyle web sites. In addition to curating and sales I am a public speaker and key yacht advisor to several estate management and concierge associations. When time allows I am also an author.